Management of Korle Bu Teaching Hospital denies fire outbreak claims

0
38

The management of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital has reacted to claims that one of their wards was gutted by fire.

A video which circulated last night indicated that the Maternity Block of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital was on fire.

READ ALSO: Vim Lady details how Kwasi Twum dealt with mallams and juju men at Multimedia

In the viral video, the babies at the Maternity ward were seen being evacuated from the ward.

The person who recorded the video said there was a fire outbreak and they have called the fire service but they had not arrived as at the time the video was recorded.

Reacting to it the management of the hospital has denied the claims.

In a statement issued this morning, they explained that it was an air-conditioner switch which started emitting smoke around 9pm.

According to the statement, the staff on duty, after detecting it, quickly quenched it with fire extinguishers before the Fire Service arrived.

They noted that no casualties were recorded and that normal operations have resumed after assessment by the Ghana National Fire Service.

READ ALSO: The system has failed us, every government adds their little bit to sink us further – Lydia Forson

See the full statement below:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here